|Philippine Tourism Officials And Israeli Tourism Minister Discuss Cooperation To Boost Tourism|
The Philippine delegation from the Department of Tourism headed by Undersecretary Benito C. Bengzon, Jr., together with Assistant Secretary Frederick Alegre, Philippine Ambassador to the State of Israel Neal Imperial, and officials from the DOT and the Embassy, paid a courtesy call on Israeli Tourism Minister Yariv Gideon Levin on 08 February 2017, during the second day of the 23rd International Mediterranean Tourism Market (IMTM).
Minister Levin conveyed that there is great potential to further increase the exchange of tourists between Israel and the Philippines. "There is good cooperation between Israel and Philippine travel agencies, and this is continuously expanding," said Minister Levin. He added that, "Direct flights between Tel Aviv and Manila will facilitate and boost two-way tourism."
Minister Levin informed the delegation that the Israeli Knesset recently passed a resolution allowing more foreign workers to Israel in the tourism sector.He recommended that a mechanism to facilitate the hiring of Filipinos in Israel's hotel industry be established.Usec. Bengzon indicated that Filipinos are excellent frontliners and have been priority workers in the hotel industries of different countries.
Undersecretary Bengzoncited the 42.70% increase in Israeli tourist arrivals to the Philippines in 2016, the highest growth rate among the country's tourism markets. "In view of the more than 42% increase in Israeli tourist arrivals to the Philippines, the Philippines will definitely have a larger participation in the 24th IMTM next year," said Undersecretary Bengzon. – END-
Israeli Tourism Minister Yariv Gideon Levin share a light moment with the official delegation from the Department of Tourism headed by Undersecretary Benito C. Bengzon, Jr. Also present during the courtesy call are DOT Assistant Secretary Frederick Alegre, Ambassador Neal Imperial, Consul General Pamela Durian-Bailon, Third Secretary and Vice Consul Judy Razon.
DOT Undersecretary Benito C. Bengzon, Jr. presents a token to Israeli Tourism Minister Yariv Gideon Levin. They are joined by Assistant Secretary Frederick Alegre and Ambassador Nathaniel G. Imperial.
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth