|Major Israeli Tour Operators Visit Bohol, Cebu, Manila To Boost Tourist Arrivals|
MAJOR ISRAELI TOUR OPERATORS VISIT BOHOL, CEBU, MANILA TO BOOST TOURIST ARRIVALS
20 December 2016 – Representatives of six major travel agencies from Israel visited popular tourism destinations inthe Philippines through the Familiarization Tour organized by the Department of Tourism and the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv.
On 06 to 12 December 2016, the group composed of CEOs and managersof Ophir Tours, Mona Tours Ltd., Ayala Travel and Tours Ltd., Galaxy Tours, Ypaymore Ltd. and Alpha Club-Ganim Tours visited Cebu, Bohol, and Metro Manila. They were joined by Philippine Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial and Mr. Francisco Lardizabal, Head of the DOT – Market Development Group as part of the DOT’s drive to tap the rapidly growing Israeli market. As of September 2016, a total of 11,800 Israelis have visited the Philippines, a 34% increase from last year.
The tour group held business-to-business meetings with Philippine tour companies, conducted ocular visits to major hotels and experienced activities such as snorkeling, watching dolphins in Bohol, a historical tour in Cebu, and shopping in Manila.
“Through the Familiarization Tour, the participants were able to experience the exciting destinations of the Philippines and learned more about the beauty of our country and people,” said Ambassador Imperial.
“Israel is becoming an important source of tourists for the Philippines with double-digit growth registered in the last three years. The Familiarization Tour is an initiative to establish a long-term relationship with Israeli travel agencies in working together towards the promotion of Philippine tourism,” Mr. Lardizabal emphasized.– END-
Representatives from the six major tour operators with Philippine tour operators during the business meetings in Makati.
The Department of Tourism office in Bohol welcomes the Israeli tour operators.
Dolphin watching in Bohol with Philippine Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial and DOT – Market Development Group Head, Mr. Francisco Lardizabal.
Visiting Balicasag Island Dive Resort after snorkeling in its marine sanctuary.
Foox Svaic Saar and Yael Waksman experience the famous Boholzipline adventure.
FAM Tour participants visit the Sto. Niño Shrine in Cebu as part of their
historical tour of the city.
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth