|Israeli Travel Agencies Keen in Promoting the Philippines as a New Adventure Destination|
ISRAELI TRAVEL AGENCIES KEENTO PROMOTE PHILIPPINES ASNEW ADVENTURE DESTINATION
29September 2016 – More than 40 Israeli travel agencies participated in a seminar on Philippine tourismorganized by the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv TO promote the Philippines as a new adventure destination for Israeli tourists. Tourism brochures, posters and official videos of It’s More Fun in the Philippines from the Philippine Department of Tourism were distributed to the attendees.
In his presentation at the seminar, Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial highlighted the Philippines as a multi-destination country. “The Philippines offers many destinations with an array of activities awaiting Israeli tourists,” noted the Ambassador. The audience was awed by the natural beauty of the Philippines and the multi-awarded islands which are home to the best beaches in the world and UNESCO world heritage sites.
“The Air Services Agreement between the Philippines and Israel signed on 26 May 2014 and the Memorandum of Agreement between El Al Airlines and the Philippine Airlines signed on 20 September 2016 are indicative of the growing air links and tourism potential between our two countries,” Ambassador Imperial added.
“I strongly urge the Israeli travel agents to promote the Philippines as a travel destination for Israelis to discover for themselves the exciting adventures that the country has to offer,” said Philippine Honorary Consul for Ashdod and Southern Israel and Chairman of Ophir Tours, Ltd., Mr. Boaz Waksman. Ophir Tours, Ltd. co-organized the seminar.
Mr. Uri Shmueloff, Incentives and Events Manager of Ophir Tours, Ltd., presented the various activities and itineraries for selected destinations in the Philippines such as the Banaue Rice Terraces, Mt. Pinatubo, Taal, Palawan, Bohol, Puerto Galera, Boracay, Manila and Pangasinan. “There are a lot of activities appealing to the Israeli traveler in each destination in the Philippines,” Mr. Shmueloff said.
Many of the participating travel agents expressed their desire to visit the Philippines and promote its beautiful islands to Israelis. – END-
Ambassador Neal G. Imperial during his presentation. (photo credit: Ms. Maria Luisa Tenebroso)
Consul for Ashdod and Southern Israel and Chairman of Ophir Tours, Ltd, Mr. Boaz Waksman, delivering his remarks. (seminar’s co-organizer) (photo credit: Ms. Maria Luisa Tenebroso)
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth