|Two Israeli Employment Agencies Suspended by the Philippine Embassy in Israel|
TWO ISRAELI EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES SUSPENDED BY THE PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN ISRAEL
22 September 2016, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – The Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) of the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv suspended for thirty days the accreditation of two Israeli recruitment agencies for violation of the 2016 POEA Rules and Agency Undertaking.
The suspension stemmed from an information from an OFW who reported to POLO that she was assigned a different recruitment agency upon arriving in Israel than the Israeli recruitment agency which processed her documents and hired her in the Philippines.
The investigation by Labor Attaché Rodolfo Gabasan found that the current Israeli agency of the Filipino caregiver had no accreditation with the POEA when said agency hired her on May 2015 and that the Israeli agency which processed her documents allowed its job order to be used by another agency to hire a Filipino caregiver.
Under the 2016 POEA Rules, only accredited foreign recruitment agencies have the privilege of hiring Filipino workers and without accreditation, hiring of Filipino worker is illegal. On the other hand, the Agency Undertaking prohibits any accredited agency to allow other agencies or companies to use its approved job orders. Suspension of accreditation is the penalty for these acts.
The suspension took effect on 18 September 2016 and will be served until 18 October 2016. Any subsequent violation by these Israeli agencies of the POEA Rules and Agency Undertaking will be meted with a stiffer penalty. --- END
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth