|Philippine Airlines and EL AL sign Memorandum of Understanding to Bolster Air Links Between PH & Israel|
Mr. Jaime Bautista, PAL President & COO and Mr. David Maimon, EL AL President & CEO,
sign an MOU with Ambassador Neal Imperial serving as witness
21 September 2016, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – Mr. Jaime Bautista, President and Chief Operating Officer of Philippine Airlines (PAL), and Mr. David Maimon, President and Chief Executive Officer of EL AL Israel Airlines (EL AL), signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to bolster cooperation between the two top airlines on 20 September 2016 at the EL AL Main Office in Tel Aviv.
In his remarks, Mr. Bautista said that with a growing travel market, PAL is very happy to be part of a cooperation agreement with EL AL. More passengers are planning to visit Israel. He added that the tourism programs that are being developed by the Philippines and Israel will certainly contribute to more traffic between the two countries. PAL is very hopeful that with this MOU signing, there will be sustainability in the market growth and further improve the relationship between PAL and EL AL.
For his part, Mr. Maimon said the the MOU is a way to look forward to the long term plans of extending deeper cooperation between PAL and EL AL and to explore what the two flag carriers can do together to bring more tourists from the Philippines to Israel and from Israel to the Philippines.
Ambassador Neal Imperial, who witnessed the signing, hailed the MOU as an important step in bringing Filipinos and Israelis closer through better air links. He said that the cooperation between the two premier flag carriers will sustain the boom in tourism between the two countries after the signing of a new air services agreement in 2014.
Tourist arrivals from Israel grew by 34% last year, and for the first 6 months of this year, by about 36%, making it the third largest tourism market of the Philippines in the Middle East. --- END
(L-R): Mr. Jaime Bautista, PAL President & COO; Mr. David Maimon, EL AL President & CEO;
& Philippine Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial at the EL AL Office in Tel Aviv
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth