|Israeli funeral & repatriation service company mistakenly sends wrong body to family in the Philippines|
7 June 2016, Tel Aviv, State of Israel - The Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv was able to stop the shipment of remains of a Filipino national to another country, following reports on 4 June 2016 by the family in the Philippines that the body they received in the Philippines did not belong to their deceased kin.
Based on initial findings, the Philippine Embassy learned that the Israeli funeral and repatriation service company that handled the shipping of remains, made a mistake in handling the documents of the deceased by inadvertently sticking them to a different casket, which resulted in the shipment of the body of a foreign national to the Philippines instead of that of the Filipino worker.
The Embassy immediately contacted the Israeli shipper, and upon learning that the body of the deceased Filipino was stored at the Ben Gurion International Airport ready to be shipped to another country, pushed for the immediate processing of its release and shipment to the family in the Philippines. The Filipino national's remains were finally shipped to the Philippines in the early morning of 7 June 2016.
The Embassy is exploring possible sanctions against and the blacklisting of the Israeli shipper. It may be noted that after identification of the remains, the Embassy processes the necessary documents of the deceased, including the mortuary certificate, and releases said documents to the shipper. From then on, the shipper assumes full control and responsibility of the sealing and shipping of the casket to the Philippines.
The shipper is arranging for the return of the foreigner's body to its correct destination. --END--
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth