|Overseas Voting in Israel Closes with 40.92% Voter Turn-out|
The Special Board of Canvassers (SBOC) chaired by Philippine Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial (first from right)
with SBOC members Pamela F. Durian-Bailon (First Secretary and Consul General, second from right) and
Judy Razon (Third Secretary and Vice Consul, third from right) convenes on 9 May 2016
for the receipt of election returns from the Special Board of Election Inspectors (SBEI).
9 May 2016, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – The 2016 Overseas Voting in Israel officially closed at the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv on 9 May 2016, at 12:00 noon, reaching its highest record of voter turn-out at 40.92%, also one of the highest in the Middle East.
Since overseas voting started on 9 April 2016, a total of 5,792 Filipinos out of the 14,153 registered overseas voters in Israel flocked to the Embassy to cast their vote for the next Philippine President, Vice President, Senators, and Partylist Representatives.
Prior to and even during the month-long 2016 overseas voting in Israel, the Embassy has actively campaigned and encouraged Filipinos to register as overseas voters and actively participate in the election of national leaders.
Philippine Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial welcomed the record high turn-out of overseas voters and lauded the Filipinos in Israel for exercising their right to vote. He said: "The high turn-out of overseas voters shows that Filipinos in Israel are now more aware of the value of the national elections and the importance of their role in strengthening the democratic process in the Philippines. I also commend the voters who took time from their busy work schedules in order to choose the next leaders of the Philippines who will shape the future of the country in the coming years."
SBEI Chairpersons Rodolfo Gabasan (Labor Attache, first from right) and Bryan Jess Baguio (Second
Secretary and Consul, second from right) lead the generation of the first election returns as accredited
media, watchers, and volunteers from the Filipino community observe.
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth