|Large Philippine Agribusiness Delegation Attends Agritech 2015|
The Philippine delegates to the AgriTech 2015 during their courtesy call on
Philippine Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial
21 May 2015, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – The Philippines' largest business delegation to Israel in recent years attended the 19th International Agricultural Exhibition and Conference (AgriTech 2015) held on 28-30 April 2015 at the Tel Aviv Trade Fairs and Convention Center. The 30-member delegation consisted of 7 Regional Directors from the Department of Agriculture and 23 delegates from the private sector coming from Davao, Cotabato, and General Santos. The participation of the Philippine delegation in the exhibition was organized by the Israeli Embassy in Manila.
Apart from touring international exhibits during the three-day event, the delegation attended conferences, site tours of companies specializing in agricultural technology, and briefing on the Granot Agrostudies Program, which is a major area of agricultural cooperation between the Philippines and Israel.
The Philippine delegation also paid a courtesy call on Philippine Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial on 28 April 2015. Ambassador Imperial briefed the delegates on Philippines-Israel relations; conveyed the importance of agriculture cooperation which is a major aspect of Philippines-Israel relations; discussed ongoing agricultural development cooperation programs with Israel including the Granot Agrostudies Program; and identified trade and business opportunities in Israel for Filipinos.
At the sidelines of the international exhibition, the Embassy facilitated meetings between the officials of the Department of Agriculture and their counterparts at the Center for International Agricultural Development Cooperation (CINADCO), Israeli Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and a major Israeli importer of Philippine food products.
The AgriTech Israel is one of the most important exhibitions in terms of agricultural technologies not only in Israel, but also in the world. The exhibit showcased Israel's latest trends and developments in agricultural technology, and served as a platform for participants to network with potential business partners in the agricultural sector.--END--
Ambassador Imperial with the delegates from the Department of Agriculture
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth