|Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv Conducts First Overseas Voting Registration for Filipino Seafarers|
Left photo: Mr. Richard VIllaruz of the Embassy with Filipino seafarers Mr. Reynante Alum and Mr. Mark Lawrance
Pasuelo. Right photo: MV Skyline docked at the Port of Haifa.
5 March 2015, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – Seven Filipino seafarers were successfully registered by the Embassy to the Overseas Voting for the 2016 National Elections onboard their vessel M/V Skyline while it was docked at the Port of Haifa on 3 March 2015.
The Filipino seafarers expressed their appreciation for being given the opportunity to vote for their future leaders even without being in the Philippines in time for the elections.
The registration for seafarers is the first for the Philippine Embassy in Israel since it conducted the overseas voting registration last May 2014. The Embassy seeks to conduct more registration onboard sea vessels to promote the overseas voting among Filipino seafarers.
Many sea vessels with Filipino seafarers onboard navigate the Mediterranean Sea and frequently dock at Israeli ports. --END--
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth