|Philippine Embassy in Israel Conducts Seminar on Trafficking in Persons for Its Personnel|
Ambassador Neal Imperial leads the Embassy personnel in the Seminar on Trafficking in Persons.
7 January 2015, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – In line with the third pillar of Philippine foreign policy, which is the protection of the rights and promotion of the welfare and interest of Filipino overseas workers, the Philippine Embassy in Israel conducted a Seminar on Trafficking in Persons (TIP) on 28 December 2014 for its officers and personnel.
The purpose of the seminar was to update the knowledge of its officers and personnel on trafficking in persons and equip them with the necessary skills to deal with future cases.
The seminar focused on key topics essential to the implementation of the Philippine Government's anti-trafficking in persons agenda: 1) Republic Act No. 10364 otherwise known as the "Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012"; 2) the roles of DFA, POEA, and OWWA in addressing TIP; 3) the scope of assistance that may be provided by the aforementioned government agencies to Filipinos who become victims of human trafficking; and 4) the appropriate way of dealing with and extending help to these victims.
The number of human trafficking cases in Israel involving Filipinos remains low mainly due to the host country's well-established labor and immigration policies on foreign workers.
The Embassy regularly organizes training seminars on various topics to improve its services to the public. --END--
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth