|X Factor Israel Grand Champion and Bagong Bayani Awardee, Osang Fostanes, Registers as Overseas Voter|
Chargé d'Affaires Nathaniel G. Imperial and Vice Consul Bryan Jess Baguio receiving
the overseas voter registration form from Ms. Rose "Osang" Fostanes
1 December 2014, Tel Aviv, State of Israel - The first ever 2014 X Factor Israel grand champion and 2014 Bagong Bayani for Culture and the Arts awardee, Ms. Rose "Osang" Fostanes visited the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv today to register as an overseas voter for the purpose of the 2016 national elections.
Despite her busy schedule, Osang, as she is fondly called by her friends and adoring fans took her time off from work to register to be able to exercise her right to vote and choose the next leaders of the Philippines. She said that she has been working in Israel for the past six years and is excited to vote in the upcoming 2016 presidential elections for the first time as an overseas voter.
Ms. Fostanes' success story has become a source of inspiration to overseas Filipinos. She hopes that she would be able to encourage overseas Filipinos to register for the 2016 national elections. Ms. Fostanes emphasized that it is the duty of every responsible Filipino to vote and let their voices be heard.
All Filipino citizens residing in Israel may register as overseas voters by submitting a duly accomplished Overseas Voting Form No. 1 and present any of the following documents:
1. Valid Philippine passport or in the absence thereof, a certification of the DFA that the applicant is a holder of a valid passport but is unable to produce the same for a valid reason;
2. Original or certified true copy of the Order of Approval to retain or reacquire Filipino citizenship in case of applicants who have availed themselves of the "Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act" (RA 9225); or
3. Seamans Book or any other pertinent document in case of seafarers.
Registration for overseas voting at the Philippine Embassy is open from Sundays to Thursdays between 8:30AM to 4:30PM, until 31 October 2015. --END--
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth