The Philippines and Israel relations have always been warm and friendly. Political, Cultural, Economic, Scientific and Technological cooperation between the two countries continue to prosper.
The year 2007 marks the 50th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between the Philippines and Israel. In 1957, the State of Israel and the Republic of the Philippines established full diplomatic relations with the signing of the Treaty of Friendship on 26 Feb 1958. The Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines in Tel Aviv and the Embassy of the State of Israel in Manila were opened in 1962.
Israelis and Filipinos share common democratic values, freedom and civil rights which are manifested in the span of Philippines and Israel bilateral relations.
The Philippines supported the UN Resolution 181 on the partition of Palestine and the Creation of the State of Israel in 1947:
The Philippines was the ONLY Asian country to support the creation of the State of Israel. On 29 November 1947, 33 countries voted in favor of the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181 creating the State of Israel. The thirty three countries are Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Byelorussian SSR, Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, South Africa, Ukrainian SSR, United States of America, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
On 28 November 2007, the Israeli Parliament (Knesset) honored the thirty three countries which supported the UN General Assembly 181 in celebration of 60th Anniversary of the State of Israel.
The Philippine commitment to this cause is still embedded in our hearts as we co-sponsored the UN resolution to mark 27 January, a yearly commemorative day to honor the victims of the Holocaust.
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth