|PHL Embassy Hosts Chess Tournament, Promotes Camaraderie and Sports among Filipinos|
Top right photo: Ambassador Generoso D.G. Calonge welcomes players and members of the Filipino community to the Chess
Tournament. Top left photo: Ambassador Calonge is joined by the officers and members of KAMPI, as well as the top placers
of the sports event. Bottom photos (from left to right): Chess Champion, Mr. Allan Gunio, 1st Runner Up, Mr. Jeffrey Caringal,
2nd Runner Up, Mr. Rommel Narvaez and 3rd Runner Up, Mr. Jose Perpetuo H. Viloria (of the Embassy) receive their trophies
from Ambassador Calonge.
10 April 2014 Tel Aviv, State of Israel. To promote camaradie and sports among Filipinos in Israel, the Philippine Embassy hosted the 2nd Chess Tournament, also known as the "Ambassador's Cup" on 5 April 2014 at the Chancery. Organized by the Kapatiran ng Manggagawang Pilipino sa Israel (KAMPI), the sports event listed 10 players, including Vice Consul Bryan Jess T. Baguio and Mr. Jose Perpetuo H. Villoria, who are currently posted at the Embassy.
Before the games started, Amb. Generoso D.G. Calonge welcomed all players, as well as the other members of the Filipino community involved in the event. Stressing the importance of sports, Amb. Calonge encouraged everyone to support and join the chess tournament.
After a series of matches during which the players made their best tactical moves, Mr. Allan Gunio emerged as the Champion. He was the third placer during last year's tournament. Following him was Mr. Jeffrey Caringal, who retained his place last year as 1st runner up. The 2nd and 3rd runners up were Mr. Rommel Narvaez and Mr. Viloria, respectively.
The Philippine Embassy launched the Chess Tournament in 2013 to strengthen ties and friendships among the members of the Filipino community in Israel. Apart from this, the Embassy has also supported other sports events and activities organized by other Filipino organizations in Israel. Sports activities, such as the recently held Chess Tournament, not only serve as an opportunity for socialization among Filipinos, but also provide them relief and relaxation from the stress and pressures brought about by caregiving work. --END--
Right photo: Ambassador Calonge leads the players in the Chess Tournament and tries his hand in the game.
Left photo: Filcom members watch as the players make their best moves during the matches.
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth