|Filipino Children Benefit from Free Medical Check-ups and Flu Vaccinations|
Left photo: Ambassador Generoso D.G. Calonge with the medical team, members of the Filipino community
and Embassy officers and staff. Right photo: Dr. Brooks looks after a child.
30 November 2013 Tel Aviv, State of Israel. Filipino children in Israel benefited from free medical check-ups and flu vaccinations once again when the Philippine Embassy, in cooperation with the Pediatric Department of Hadassah Hospital Mt. Scopus, I-Remit and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office and Overseas Workers Welfare Association (POLO/OWWA), conducted the 4th Medical Mission for Filipino Children in Israel on 30 November 2013, at the Chancery on Bnei Dan St., Tel Aviv.
Philippine Ambassador Generoso D.G. Calonge welcomed the volunteer doctors and thanked them and Hadassah Hospital Mt. Scopus for continuously supporting the medical mission. "With winter almost upon us, it is important to ensure that children are healthy and prepared for the cold and rainy season," he noted. "We are happy that Hadassah Hospital Mt. Scopus and I-Remit share this concern and always welcome working with them for the good of the Filipino community in Israel."
The Hadassah medical team consisted of Dr. Rivka Brooks, Dr. Itai Basel, Dr. Mohamad Natur, Dr. Maor Chavkin and Dr. Tamir Shragai. Hadassah clown Mona entertained the children and eased their fear of needles and other medical instruments with her colorful toys, balloons and funny antics, while members of the Filipino Community and Embassy officers and staff assisted the doctors in attending to the children's needs.
As a welcome surprise and in the spirit of the holidays, I-Remit CEO Mr. Oren Aley Raz and his family also distributed Hanukkah donuts to the children.
The Medical Mission for Children of OFWs was first conceptualized and conducted in 2010 with the purpose of providing free medical consultations and flu vaccinations to Filipino children in Israel in light of the high cost of medical services in the country. A total of 30 children were served by the volunteer doctors this year. --END--
Left photo: Dr. Natur attends to an infant. Right photo: Clown Mona plays with a child while the latter waits to be examined.
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth