|Tel Aviv PE, Israeli Relief Coalition Talk on Plans for 2nd Mission|
18 November 2013 Tel Aviv, State of Israel – Representatives from the Israeli Relief Coalition called on Ambassador Generoso D.G. Calonge today to give him feedback on the results of the organization's first medical mission to the areas affected by Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines. Ms. Naama Shilo, CEO of Brit Olam – International Volunteering and Development, Mr. Itzik Aharoni, Coalition Board Member, and Mr. Arie Levy, a paramedic who joined the team in the Philippines, also discussed their organization's plan to send a second team within the week.
Ms. Shilo informed Ambassador Calonge that the second team would be composed of professionals from the medical, psycho-social, logistics and education sectors. The team would conduct an assessment of the needs of the victims of Typhoon Yolanda and determine the additional assistance that the organization could extend to them.
Mr. Levy recounted his team's experience as one of the first people to reach Leyte after the typhoon and expressed his admiration for the Filipino spirit by saying that the Filipino people possessed something unique, as expressed through their belief in God and positive outlook in life.
Ambassador Calonge thanked them for their assistance and concern for the victims of the typhoon. "The response from Israel in support of the Philippines has been overwhelming during this difficult time. It is much appreciated by the Filipino people and is a testament of the strong friendship between our countries," he noted.
The organization will be working from Ormoc City and Tacloban City in coordination with local NGOs and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). -- END --
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth