|Tel Aviv PE Celebrates 115th Year Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence|
12 June 2013, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – The Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv opened the Chancery with a simple celebration of the 115th year Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence. At the backdrop of this year's theme: "Kalayaan 2013: Ambagan Tungo sa Malawakang Kaunlaran," Ambassador Generoso D.G. Calonge noted and emphasized that this celebration commemorates the sacrifices made by our forefathers who contributed much to achieve the liberty which the nation now enjoys.
"This is a glorious day. The proclamation of Philippine Independence 115 years ago not only heralded the birth of a new nation but also brought inspiration to other colonial subjects in Asia and gave them a model to follow in their own struggles for liberation," the Ambassador said.
The Ambassador said that this celebration is also an opportunity to express our appreciation for our forefathers' sacrifices in the name of freedom and liberty. "Colleagues and friends, our country is fast moving, politically, financially, politically and socially. The Philippines is one of the highest growing economies in Asia and the world. Our credit rating has been elevated to investment grade and as a consequence, foreign investments are pouring in. We have paid our debts and have become a creditor nation," the Ambassador said.
"In line with our 2013 Independence Day Theme, I encourage each of you to contribute in any way you can, for the sake of our country and the future of our great nation. Let us value the labor of our heroes and ensure that their sacrifices will not be in vain. Let us prove and let it be written in the pages of our history that this present generation has worked hard in promoting and achieving the ideals and aspirations that our great men and women have fought for," the Ambassador concluded.
The flag raising ceremony and the singing of the Philippine National Anthem marked opening of this year's celebration of the 115th Year Anniversary of the Proclamation of the Philippine Independence. It was followed by the reading of the respective messages of President Benigno S. Aquino III, one for the Filipino Community throughout the world and one for the Foreign Service Officers, Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario and Labor and Employment Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz.
— END —
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth