|PHL Embassy Recognizes Gifted Pinoys in Chess Tournament|
17 March 2013, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – Ambassador Generoso D. G. Calonge awarded trophies to the top three players of the First Philippine Embassy Community Chess Tournament.
The first place went to Mr. Danilo Dugay. He suffered no loss in all the three stages of the tournament - the elimination round, semifinal round and final round. Deserving to receive a special recognition award fitting to a top placer, Ambassador Calonge took pleasure in awarding him the prestigious Ambassador's Trophy. Mr. Dugay said that he shares the honor of his recognition and the joy of victories to his loved ones in the Province of Tarlac and to his employer in Tel Aviv.
Ambassador Calonge also had the honor to award trophies for the second and third places, which went to Mr. Jeffrey Caringal and Mr. Allan Gunio, respectively.
With commendation and praise, Ambassador Calonge also took pleasure in awarding a special citation to a young boy for exceptional excellence while boldly competing at an extraordinary young age during the tournament. This boy, Immanuel Joshua Viloria, reached the semifinal round and earned for himself the fourth place in the tournament. Immanuel Joshua Viloria, aged ten, is the youngest son of Filipino diplomat Jose Viloria presently posted at the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv.
The Chess Tournament is part of the Embassy's annual sports program with two-pronged objectives. The program aims to help OFWs in relieving them from the stress and pressures brought by the daily demand of work and the physical separation from loved ones in the Philippines. In addition, it also strengthens the camaraderie and friendship between the personnel of the Embassy and the Filipino community in Israel.
In addition to the Chess Tournament, the Embassy also launched a bowling competition on the first day of March 2013. The tournament is held every Friday evening at Rishon Lezion and is continuing until the end of this month.
The Ambassador is happy with the launching of the Embassy's sports program, for it is a way of expressing its appreciation for the significant contributions of OFWs to the Philippine economy.
The Embassy's sports program was launched in collaboration with and with the generous sponsorship of Israel Post-Western Union. —END—
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth