|Philippines Among Most Generous Countries|
The Philippines is the 17th most generous country among 146 countries in the World Giving Index (WGI) 2012 of the United Kingdom (UK)-based Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). The Philippines shared the ranking with Finland, which also had a score of 45%.
The WGI, the largest global study into charitable behavior, ranked countries based on three "giving behaviors" – donating money to a charity, volunteering time for an organization, and helping strangers. Respondents were asked which of the following three charitable acts they had undertaken in the past month: Donated money to an organization? Volunteered time to an organization? Helped a stranger, or someone they didn't know who needed help?
Australia was ranked the most generous country with a score of 60 percent, followed by Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States in the top five most generous, all ranking high in terms of donating money.
Filipinos ranked fifth overall in terms of volunteering, with a score of 44 percent. Citing the Philippines, CAF said "volunteerism is particularly commonplace there, with more people volunteering (44%) than in other country in Southeast Asia. As for helping strangers, Filipinos got a score of 58 percent."
We congratulate the Republic of the Philippines government, headed by H.E., President Benigno S. Aquino III and Vice President Jejomar C. Binay, in their programs of action that are putting the Philippines in the world map. CONGRATULATIONS AND MABUHAY!
(Article quoted from and appeared in the editorial page of Manila Bulletin on 8 January 2012)
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth