|United Nations Force Commander Calls on Philippine Embassy, Tel Aviv|
20 September 2012, Tel Aviv, State of Israel – Indian Army Major General Iqbal Singh Singha, the new Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF), paid a courtesy call on Ambassador Generoso D.G. Calonge on 20 September 2012.
Major General Singha, discussing current developments in the region and the unique role and mandate of UNDOF in the Golan Heights, briefed Ambassador Calonge about his day-to-day activities at UNDOF. It will be recalled that UNDOF has been at the forefront in protecting and maintaining the mutually-agreed separation of forces in the Golan Heights since 1974. UNDOF also has been one of the key players in diffusing tensions in the area, especially during the advent of the 2011 Arab Spring, which continues to affect Middle Eastern countries.
Major General Singha replaced Major General Natalio C. Ecarma III in August upon the latter's completion of tour of duty in the Golan Heights. The new UNDOF Commander boasts 34 years of military service and brings with him his experience at all levels and in all types of terrain including plains, riverine, desert and high altitude areas. He is leading a multinational force of 1,036 troops coming from the Philippines, Austria, Canada, Croatia, India and Japan. Major General Singha has risen in rank as an infantry officer.
Major General Singha said that he plans to invite Ambassadors in November to show them the mission area and the multinational forces under his command.
Ambassador Calonge expressed his best wishes to General Singha as he embarks on his tour of duty. The Philippine Embassy, Ambassador Calonge said, will fully cooperate with UNDOF as it has done in the past. As a major troop contributor in the Golan Heights, the Philippines is proud to wholeheartedly support a worthy United Nations endeavor, Ambassador Calonge added. —END—
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
In case of emergency, please call the Duty Officer at 054-4661188
- May 2017 Holidays
- “Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust” to be screened in Jerusalem on April 04, 2017
- Advisory To Filipinos In Israel On Illegal Recruitment For Caregiver Jobs In Canada
- April 2017 Holidays
- Application for the 2017 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Additional List of Available Voter's IDs
- 2017 List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filo Workers
- Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Advisory on Wildfires in Israel
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- 2016 Christmas Tree Lighting Event (with Choral & Parol-making Contests
- Announcement: Holidays for November 2016
- Security Advisory (21 Sept 2016)
- Announcement: Holidays for October 2016
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth